Yes, hanky panky is the name. Just as delicious as the deed, these are addictive enough that I’ve seen near fist fights for the last one!
I had never heard of or tried these appetizing little snacks until I met my husband. These are almost like a family tradition, a staple at every get-together. Christmas, Thanksgiving, or just weekend football parties – these are sure to be on the menu, and boy are they tasty! My mother-in-law gave me the recipe and I added a few spices to mine (because we like it hot).
You will need:
- 1 loaf of rye cocktail bread (2x2in squares)
- 1 lb of hot pork sausage
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 16 ounces of velveeta cheese
- As much chile seasoning and red pepper flakes as your flaming heart desires
- Set the oven to 375
- Brown and drain all of the meat
- Add in the velveeta cheese to melt.
- Season (I always like to season my meat as it browns and then again once it’s drained and I’m adding the other ingredients) .
- Scoop a tablespoon or two onto each rye cocktail square.
- Put these bad boys in for about 12 minutes or so and then let cool.
**For a gluten-free twist, set aside a large bowl of the meat-cheese mixture and you still can enjoy this yummy gooeyness with some Tostito scoop chips.