I love avocados so much! Whether its mashed up in guacamole or cubed up into a salad, avocado is one of my favorite fruits!
- 1 – Ripe Avocado (Halved and pitted)
- 2 – Eggs
- 2 – Slices of Bacon (Crumbled)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional: Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Fry up a couple slices of bacon until crispy. Remove from pan onto paper towel lined plate and allow to cool before crumbling.
- Slice in half your avocado, and remove the pit. Using a ripe avocado that isn’t mush is the best way to go with this. You may need to remove a little extra avocado flesh in order to fit more egg.
- Place avocados into individual ramekins or a baking dish that will help them stay upright.
- Crack two eggs into a separate bowl. Add the yolk to each avocado first, and then spoon in the whites until the hole is filled.
- Salt and pepper the egg to taste.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes until the whites are cooked, and the center of your egg is as runny as you’d like. I started checking the eggs after 10 minutes and let it cook 17 minutes total.
- Remove from oven. Top with crumbled bacon (and/or cheese), and serve hot.
An avo and ova pizza
You will need:
- 1 whole grain tortilla
- 1 avocado
- 1 egg
- Mash the avocado up
- Smear onto tortilla
- Fry an egg any way you wish
- Place egg on top
Enjoy these super easy, super nutritious and yummy dishes and let me know what you think! What are your favorite ways to incorporate avocados? Or what is your favorite healthy treat?